Robert Rajindra Vadra is a famous Indian businessman and the husband of Priyanka Gandhi who is a prominent politician of India. He is the son-in-law of Rajive Gandhi and Sonia Ghandhi. He was born on 18th April, 1969 in District Muradabad, Uttar Pradesh to a Punjbi settled family. His parents Rajindra Vadra and Maureen are originally from Sialkot, Pakistan and moved to India at the time of partition. Rajindra Vadra was also a businessman and ran a business of wood handicrafts & brass in Muradabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. Robert’s father found died in a guest house in Dehli on 3rd April, 2009. He had a brother named Richard who attempted suicide and his sister was also passed away in a car accident in 2001.
Vadra was a soft target for opposition parties and he faced so many allegations of corruption when anti corruption movement was started in 2012. But the Congress Party spokespersons defended him. Along with his wife Priyanka Gandhi, he had been actively took part in Sonia Gandhi’s and Rahul Gandhi’s elections campaign in Uttar Pradesh. Rajasthan High Court has issued the summons to him and his mother related to a 2015 case of illegal land transaction in Kolayat (The area of BIkaner). Varda’s Company, Skylight Hospitality Pvt. Limited purchased a land of 28 acres approximately at sub market rates and the sold it at higher prices to gain much profit ( case was filed by Enforcemnet Directorate).
|Full Name||Rebert Rajendra Varda|
|Famous For||Due to his campaign across India for Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi.|
And also for facing different allegations and cases of land.
|Date of Birth||18 May 1969|
|Hometown||Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Birthplace||Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Age ( as in 2022)||53 Years|
Hinduism (after marriage )
|School||The British School, New Delhi, India|
|Political Inclination||Indian National Congress|
|Height||5′ Feet 5″ inches|
|Parents||Father : Raihan Vadra|
Mother : Maureen Vadra
|Children||Son : Raihan Vadra|
Daughter : Miraya Vadra
|Wife||Priyanka Gandhi ( Politician)|
|Siblings|| Brother : Richard Vadra|
Sister : Michelle Vadra
|Marriage date||18 February 1997|
Social Maida Accounts
Facts about Robert Vadra
- Robert Vadra is a businessman and entrepreneur who got married to a Politician Priyanka Ghandi.
- He is the son-in-law of famous politician Sonia Gandhi.
- Vadra is brother-in-law of Rahul Gandhi.
- His Parental family was originally from Sialkot, Pakistan which was migrated to India after Partition.
- Vadra’s father was also a businessman who ran a wood handicrafts business.
- He just completed his high school education.
- In the election campaign of Congress Party he took part along his wife in Uttar Pradaish in Lok Sabha Elections of 2019.
- He faced several allegations of corruptions and Congress Party spokespersons defended him.
- Vadra is also facing the DLF Land Grab Case, Bikaner Land Case and violation of travel, etc.