Tami Roman is a model, businesswoman, and actor from the United States. She is mainly recognised for her role on the American reality television series ‘The Real World.’ Tami is an inspiration to many folks who are battling with poverty and have given up on their goals. Tami was forced to take care of herself as a youngster by her single mother, who worked three jobs at the same time to make ends meet. They used to sleep on the street as they didn’t have a place to dwell. When Tami’s mother met Ali Akbar, their circumstances improved. Tami’s life was flipped upside down in 1993 when she was picked as a contestant on the American reality series ‘The Real World: Los Angeles.’ Tami has subsequently appeared on several reality programmes and earned a name for herself in the profession. She and her mother have also founded a firm. She has lately been in reality programmes like ‘Basketball Wives LA,’ ‘Extant,’ and ‘Celebrity Wife Swap.’
Quick Bio :
|Real Name||Tami Roman|
|Profession||Actor, Model, Businessperson, Film Producer|
|Date of Birth||17 April, 1970|
|Birth Palce||Mount Vernon, New York|
|Age (as in 2023)||53 years old|
Physical status :
|Height|| 5’9 |
Early Life & Childhood
- Tami was born Tamisha Akbar on April 17, 1970, in Mount Vernon, New York, to a single mother, Nadine Buford. She grew raised in White Plains, New York. Tami’s father was a Puerto Rican boy who had abandoned Nadine when she was 15 and got pregnant. Tami was born in the midst of a financial crisis. Tami spent the bulk of her formative years alone in her house as her mother had to work three jobs to make ends meet.
- Tami was totally answerable for her own well-being. Soon after, Nadine met and started dating Ali Akbar. He was a respectable person with enough money to provide for Nadine and Tami. As a consequence, things began to improve swiftly. Ali was a committed Muslim who introduced Tami to the Muslim lifestyle. He made certain Tami received the highest education possible. However, Ali was a very conservative person, which produced troubles in the family.
- Ali and Nadine regularly clashed because Ali considered that women should be inferior to males. Nadine divorced him shortly after, and the mother-daughter duo was back on the streets.
- Over the next few months, the situation worsened. Tami and her mother were homeless for the bulk of Tami’s high school experience. However, this prompted Nadine and Tami to create a great bond, and they emotionally supported one other to help them get through the tough period.
- Tami was unable to attend her graduation ceremony because she did not have enough money to buy a cap and gown. The family was going through a terrible phase. Tami’s health improved when she started working odd jobs shortly after college.
- shewent to ‘Howard University,’ and while there, she started singing for a female band named ‘Reality.’ She also started concentrating on toning her figure in hopes to become a model. At the age of 22, she auditioned for the ‘MTV’ reality TV series ‘The Real World: Los Angeles’ and was picked. This was the tipping moment she had been praying for.
In 1993, she was cast in the second season of the popular ‘MTV’ reality programme ‘The Real World.’ The structure of the programme required strangers to live together in the same home while cameras around the house captured their every action. Tami was one of the season’s finals and earned a massive fan base throughout the nation. She was the first competitor on live television to get an abortion. She quickly became the talk of the town, and by the conclusion of the programme, she had nearly become a national star.
In 1993, she received her first television job in the comedy ‘Married…with Children,’ where she played the character ‘Meg’ for one episode. In 1994, she was cast in the crime drama ‘Silk Stalking’s.’
Tami featured in a number of spin-offs and other episodes linked to ‘The Real World,’ including ‘The Real World Vacations: Behind the Scenes,’ ‘The Real World Reunion,’ and ‘The Real World You Never Saw.’ In the year 2000, she starred in the hit comedy ‘The Parkers.’
She participated on the popular series ‘Card Sharks’ and ’20/20′ in 2001. During the same year, she starred on ‘The Steve Harvey Show’ and in the television film ‘Sacred is the Flesh.’ She continued to appear as a frequent guest on series including ‘The Drew Carey Show,’ ‘One on One,’ and ‘Sabrina the Teenage Witch.’
She made her feature film debut in 2004 with the comedy ‘Hair Show.’ The picture was a tremendous critical and commercial failure. She then had one-episode cameo appearances on ‘JAG’ and ‘Half & Half.’ She returned to the big screen in 2006 with a tiny part in the indie film ‘The Last Stand.’
She landed the largest TV role of her career in the supernatural drama series ‘Moonlight,’ in 2008. She portrayed ‘Maureen Williams’ in eight episodes of the show before her character was slain by a vampire.
She appeared in four seasons of ‘Basketball Wives,’ a reality television programme, from 2010 to 2013. Tami was announced as one of the cast members of Steven Spielberg’s new science-fiction series ‘Extant,’ in 2013. She had a little part in the series.
She next starred in ‘Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars,’ a reality TV programme in which married couples attempted to salvage their marriages. She also appeared in the reality programme ‘Celebrity Wife Swap.’ She starred on other reality series over the following several years, including ‘Basketball Wives LA’ and ‘Wild ‘n Out.’ She also had an appearance in an episode of the TV show ‘Tales.’
Tami Roman Images
Family & Relationship
|Parents||Mother : Nadine Buford|
Father : Not Known
|Children||Daughter : Jazz Anderson, Lyric Anderson|
- Category: Richest Celebrities › Models
- Net Worth: $3.5 Million
- Source of income : Actor, Model, Businessperson, Film Producer
- Tami is an American reality television personality, actor, writer, producer, director, and entrepreneur who has a net worth of $3.5 million.
- Tamisha Akbar was born on April 17, 1970, in Mount Vernon, New York.
- During her stay on “The Real World: Los Angeles,” Roman established the R&B female group Reality. Tami changed the quartet’s name to Female in 1994 after signing with Mercury Records.
- She was married to NBA star Kenny Anderson from August 26, 1994, until February 15, 2001, and they had two kids together, Lyric (born June 1994) and Jazz (born October 1996). A few years after the divorce, Kenny filed for bankruptcy despite earning more than $60 million throughout his NBA career.
- In June 2015, Roman announced that she was expecting a baby with her partner, Reggie Youngblood, but the following month, she reported that she had suffered a miscarriage. Tami and Reggie married on August 17, 2018.