Sonam Kapoor is an Indian actress born in 9 June 1985 and belongs to a traditional film family. She is the daughter of film star Anil Kapoor and grandchild of Surinder Kapoor and she has also two siblings Rhea Kapoor and Harshvardhan Kapoor. Sonam started her life a orderly education and coaching process of filmmaking and is graduated in Political Science and Economics. She began her career as an assistant director on filmmaker through film Black in 2005 and made her acting debut in Romantic drama Saawariya in 2007 which was a box office flop but got initial commercial success with the romantic comedy I Hate Love Stories in 2010.
The turning point in Sonam’s career is box office hit ” Raanjhanaa” wich made her to generate her praise and best actress nominations in several awards and ceremonies. Her successful supporting roles are found in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013) and in Sanju (2018) .The biographical thriller ” Neerjaa ” made her to won the National Film Award and Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress and she also done a starring role in “Veer di Wedding ” (2018). Both the above mentioned movies rank among the highest grossing female led Hindi films. Sonam also raised awareness of breast cancer and LGBT rights which credited her as one of India’s most trendy celebrity.
|Nickname||Sana, Sonz & Giraffe|
|Debut||Film debut : Saawariya|
Personal Life & More
|Date of Birth||9 June 1985|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Age (as in 2022)||37 Years|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir, Juhu, Mumbai|
|College/University||University of Mumbai, Mumbai|
University of East London, London
|Educational/Qualification||Bschelor’s Degree in Economics and Political Science|
|Hobbies||Reading, Shoping, Playing Video games,|
|Address||31 Shrinagar, 7th Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai India|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm|
|Weight||in meters- 1.75 m|
in feet inches- 5′ Feet 9″ inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Career & Filmography
Sonam Kapoor belongs to a very prominent actors Kapoor’s family. In the early childhood she was being trained in Khattak dance, classical music and also excelled at sports as basketball. As a teenager, she struggled with her weight, bad skin and hair growing on face and diagnosed insulin resistance. she wanted to be a director and writer and on her father’s recommendations to director Sanjay Leela Bhansali, she was appointed as an assistant. Kapoor developed the interest of acting during the production of Black and made her debut Saawariya (2007). And a successful reentry as an actress in ” I hate Luv Storys” (a romantic drama). In 2013, she portayed a leading role in the romantic drama ” Raanjhanaa” and then featured in ” Khoobsurat” (2014), “Dolly ki Doli”, ” Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” (2015). She made titular role in ” Neerja” (2016) and got the reputation as outspoken personality.
Awards and Nominations
Sonam also achieved the National Film Award and a Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress in 2016. She was nominated Best Female Debut and also got many nominations as best female actress like Screen Awards, Filmfare Awards, Asian Film Awards, Stardust Awards, Zee Cine Awards and Big Star Entertainment Awards, etc.
Boys, Affairs & More
- Marital Status : Married
- Sahir Berry (Model)
- Punit Malhotra ( Director)
- Anand Ahuja (Enterpreneur)
- Marriage Date : 8 May 2018
- Marriage Place : Rockdale, Bandra, Mumbai
- Parents :
- Father :Anil Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother : Sunita kapoor
- Reha Kapoor
- Harshvardhan Kapoor
- Husband/Spouse : Anand Ahuja ( Entrepreneur)
- Children : Vayu Kapoor Ahuja
Social Media Accounts
Sonam Kapoor charged Rs . 5 Crore per movie and her total Net Worth is Rs . 872 Crore approximately .
|Salary||Rs . 5 Crore per film|
|Net Worth||Rs . 872 Crore approximately|
- Sonam Kapoor is an Indian actress and daughter of famous Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor .
- She belongs to Kapoors family , born and raised in Maharashtra . Mumbai , India .
- Sonam Kapoor is not interested in actiing an she learned dance during her childhood .
- Sonam is suffering from Diabetes since her teenage , and she faced many health issues . Due to which she has to follow very strict diet .
- She worked as an assistant director with Sanjay Leela Bhansali in movie Black , as she never interested in acting due to her overweight .
- On recommendation of Sanjay Leela Bhansali she made her Debut Film Saawariya in 2007 along with Ranbir Kapoor .
- She appeared in many Bollywood films like I Hate Love Stories , Aisha , Dolly Ki Doli and many others .
- Her movie Raanjhanaa gave her career a turning point and also hit in Box Office .
- Sonam and her sister Reha has a clothing brand named REHSON .
- She married with her boyfriend Anand Ahuja and also had son named Vayu Kapoor Ahuja .
- Once Sonam said in her interview that ” Ashwariya is worked with my Dad so I have to call her Aunty ” as Aishwarya Bachchan refuses to walk on Cannas Red Carpet with Sonam on Loreal Fashion . Later she invites Aishwarya on her wedding and ended up the cold war between them after 10 years.